Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I'm Not Lazy I'm Just REALLY Busy

What I am thankful for:
1. my job at The Shack 
2. the fact that I've lost 12lbs
3. the fact that, despite it all, I am generally "happy" =)


Ok, I know I have not blogged since the Thanksgiving weekend BUT in my defense my work schedule has been ALL OVER THE PLACE...I get home late, go to bed, get up and go to work. It's not like I'm going to movies or going out and seeing friends. I haven't done that in ages anyway. No, I've become a drone...and I'm kinda diggin' it. 

My friend Wendy wanted me to apply for a job at Telemundo...and I did BUT then that sick feeling came to me in the pit of my stomach and I had an epiphany..."I don't want to do that again." I don't want to get back on that grist mill and have my pride, self-respect and self-confidence beaten down again. Why would I want to go back for more shit, I ask you? No, even though money is, and probably will continue to be tight, I think I am happiest right now just being a cog in the retail machine. I'm not emotionally ready to face that fast paced media dragon again...I've lost my sword with which I would slay it and I'm tired of trying to keep my head from being eaten by the monster. I think The Shack is where I need to be right now, and God knows that. That's why he sent it my way.


Today, I became a key holder and got the alarm codes. Damn responsibility lol. It is my blessing and my curse...I started out as just part time and, now, four weeks later I am full time, and a key holder...I open the store this coming Thursday for the first time.
I'm a little nervous...but not in a bad way...it's the good nervous...the kind I used to get right before I had a big shoot in the studio or a production session...the kind of nervous that keeps you on your toes. 


After work today I went and got the H1N1 Vacine...so far I feel fine...no bad reaction...tick tock...tick tock...waiting for the Swine Shoe to drop! lol


I've got to go in at 930am tomorrow morning for some blood work for the doctor. Since I've hit my deductible for the year I am doing my best to squeeze and milk my insurance for everything I can get.






No comments:

Post a Comment